News and Media Relations contact: Randy Weiler, 615-898-5616 or Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu
2nd MTSU contact: Paul Wydra, 615-898-8199 or Paul.Wydra@mtsu.edu
MURFREESBORO — Get ready for a full weekend of MTSU activities and Blue Raider fun.
The second Spring into Middle Alumni Weekend will be held this Friday through Sunday, April 19-21, at venues both on and off campus.
There are activities, many of them free, for alumni, friends and families. For a full list, visit either the Office of Alumni Relations website (http://www.mtalumni.com) or http://tinyurl.com/bu2379h. A printable campus map is available online at http://tinyurl.com/MTParkingMap12-13.
People can attend open houses, sporting events, music performances, take tours, use a special pass to utilize the Campus Recreation Center and much more.
“Alumni Weekend allows us to offer a variety of activities drawing alumni and friends of the university back to campus to re-experience MTSU and reacquaint them with events that take place each year,” said Paul Wydra, Alumni Relations assistant director and event coordinator.
• attending a 75th anniversary reunion of Student Government Association past presidents. It will be held from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Friday in the Student Union Building’s third-floor Parliamentarian Room;
• participating in Alumni Night at the Discovery Center at Murfree Spring, which will be held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Friday at the facility located at 502 S.E. Broad St. in Murfreesboro. RSVP by email to email@example.com;
• partaking in the Alumni Spring Weekend Lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the Kennon Sports Hall of Fame (reservations required and can be made online);
• viewing the aerospace department’s Flight Operations Center (9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday) at Murfreesboro Airport, 1930 Memorial Blvd., and Air Traffic Control Technology and Focus labs (1 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday) in the Business and Aerospace Building. RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• seeing the College of Behavioral and Health Science underwater treadmill from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday in Alumni Memorial Gym. (RSVP to email@example.com or call 615-898-2417);
• attending the Blue Raider spring football game that starts at 1 p.m. in Floyd Stadium;
• using a 20 percent off coupon to make purchases in Phillips Bookstore 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. (Bookstore coupons and Campus Rec Center passes will be available Friday at the Alumni House on Middle Tennessee Boulevard and at Alumni Spring Weekend registration from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Kennon Hall of Fame near Murphy Center and Floyd Stadium; and
• hearing the Nashville Chamber Singers (3 p.m.), Kayla Allsop’s junior vocal recital (5 p.m.) and the bras chamber ensemble (7 p.m.) , which will conclude the weekend’s events Sunday in the Wright Music Building.
For more information, call 615-898-2922.
MTSU is committed to developing a community devoted to learning, growth and service. We hold these values dear, and there’s a simple phrase that conveys them: “I am True Blue.” Learn more at www.mtsu.edu/trueblue.
For MTSU news any time, visit www.MTSUNews.com.