MURFREESBORO — MTSU will be closed Monday, Sept. 5, in observance of Labor Day. All business offices will be closed and no classes will be held that day.
Offices will reopen at 8 a.m. and all fall semester classes will resume at their normal times Tuesday, Sept. 6.
Classes will be held Sept. 3 for students taking Saturday classes.
Some venues will have operating hours during the holiday weekend. They include:
• Student Union — open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 2; open from noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 3-4; and open noon to midnight Sept. 5. For all hours, visit http://www.mtsu.edu/mtunions/hours.php.
• Phillips Bookstore in the Student Union — open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 2; open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 3; closed Sept. 4-5; and reopens at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 6.
• James E. Walker Library — open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 2; open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 3; open from 2 to 10 p.m. Sept. 4; closed Sept. 5; and reopens at 7 a.m. Sept. 6. For all hours of operation, visit http://library.mtsu.edu/hours.php.
• Campus Recreation Center — open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 2, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 3, noon to 5 p.m. Sept. 4; closed Sept. 5.; and reopens at 6 a.m. Sept. 6. For all hours, visit http://mtsu.edu/camprec/hours.php.
• Student Health Services and Campus Pharmacy, which are located in the Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center: open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 2; closed Sept. 3-5 and reopen at 8 a.m. Sept. 6. For all hours, visit http://www.mtsu.edu/healthservices/ and http://mtsu.edu/pharmacy/index.php.
To find MT Dining food venues open during the weekend, visit http://mtsu.campusdish.com/Locations.
MTSU’s weekend activities will include MTSU’s season-opening football game against Alabama A&M at 6 p.m. Sept. 3 in Floyd Stadium.