MURFREESBORO, Tenn. — The Center for Accelerated Language Acquisition at MTSU is offering accelerated five-day accelerated Spanish classes this fall.
Costs are discounted for MTSU faculty, staff, and students as well as for high school students and K-12 teachers/administrators. These classes are open to anyone in the community (ages 13 and up) and target those wanting to start learning Spanish or improve current language skills.
Classes will be held in the Paul W. Martin Sr. Honors Building. A searchable campus parking map is available at http://tinyurl.com/MTSUParkingMap.
“This is the perfect way to learn a lot of Spanish in a short amount of time,” said Brian Roberts, class instructor and assistant director of CALA, which is the language-training center of the MTSU Honors College.
CALA's accelerated classes are engineered to provide rapid gains in the language by appealing to how the brain learns best, which is how people learn their native language — with lots of hands-on, interactive methods that take place in a fun, low-stress atmosphere using movement, songs, games and stories.
The class schedule is as follows:
• Spanish Part 1: Sept. 5-9, 6-9:30 p.m., MTSU Honors 116
• Spanish Part 1: Oct. 3-7, 6-9:30 p.m., MTSU Honors 106 (coincides with Rutherford County Schools' spring break)
• Spanish Part 1: Nov. 14-18, 6-9:30 p.m., MTSU Honors 106
• Spanish Part 1: Jan. 2-6, 2017, 6-9:30 p.m., MTSU Honors 106
• Spanish Part 2: Jan. 6-9, 2017, 6-9:30 p.m., MTSU Honors 106
To learn more and register for classes, please visit CALA’s website at www.mtsu.edu/cala.