Participants will earn eights hours of CPE credit
MURFREESBORO — The 24th annual Accounting Alumni Appreciation Day at Middle Tennessee State University will be held Thursday, April 30, in the State Farm Lecture Hall of the Business and Aerospace Building.
The event, which runs from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. April 30, is targeted to those interested in accounting, taxation and computer training. The fee will be $125 for MTSU alumni and $175 for others. Net proceeds will be earmarked for accounting scholarships. Lunch will be provided at the Student Union Building.
Seating is limited, so participants should register early. To do so, visit http://www.mtsu.edu/accounting and click the “Alumni” tab.
Participants will earn eight hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit and have the opportunity to visit with alumni and former professors and see how the campus configuration is changing.
David J. Urban, dean of the Jones College of Business, and Sandra Smith Benson, accounting department interim chair, will open the conference and introduce the first speaker, Don Mills, Tennessee State Board of Accountancy investigator. Mills will speak on Tennessee-specific ethics, followed by Stan Clark, MTSU associate professor, who will give a Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) update.
The sessions and presenters include:
- Managing Four Generations in the Workplace — Cindy Beresh-Bryant, HR Solutions;
- COSO Framework Improvements— Tim Staggs, Healthcare Realty Trust;
- Advanced Excel and other Information Technology Issues — Tammy Bahmanziari, MTSU associate professor;
- Enterprise Risk Management — Jim Burton, MTSU professor;
- The State of Estate Taxes— Lara Daniel, MTSU professor and alumna;
- Accounting Contributions to World War II — Mark Jobe, MTSU assistant professor;
- Health Care Reform and Employers — Tim Koski, MTSU professor;
- Auditing Update — Bill Mooningham, MTSU faculty and alumnus;
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Update— Robert Smith, MTSU faculty emeritus.
For more information, call the MTSU Department of Accounting at 615-898-5306.
For visitors, you can find a printable campus map at http://tinyurl.com/MTSUParking14-15. Temporary parking permits are available at the Parking and Transportation Services Office on East Main Street.