MURFREESBORO — MTSU Campus Recreation is offering a number of opportunities to keep your children active this summer.
Campus Recreation is located in the Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center on the east side of campus. To find the facility, a printable campus map can be found at http://tinyurl.com/MTParkingMap12-13.
The camp activities include:
• Junior Adventure Camp, June 10-14, introduces participants ages 10 to 13 to skills used in a variety of adventurous activities while exploring the great outdoors. Hike, treasure hunt, cave, canoe, kayak, stand-up paddleboard and rock climb at some of the area’s great outdoor recreation locations. Don’t miss out on the fun and adventure! The cost of $180 includes transportation, gear, guides and permit fees. Lunch is not provided;
• Youth Sport Camp will be held weekly beginning June 3 for children ages 6 to 13. The cost is $155 and includes lunch. This camp introduces participants to multiple sports and games and also helps them learn the importance of a healthy lifestyle, develop good character and sportsmanship and have fun;
• Learn-to-Swim classes also are offered in two-week sessions beginning June 10 for ages 6 months and older and beginning levels through Level 6. The two-week, 50-minute sessions are $80;
• Go Swim sessions for competitive swimmers and divers ages 10 to 17 begin June 10, June 24, July 8 and July 15. They run 90 minutes each day. The cost is $12 for a one-week session;
• Go Dive sessions, for swimmers ages 8 to 16, are two weeks each, one hour each day and begin June 10, June 24 and July 8. The cost is $34 for the two-week session;
• a Junior Lifeguarding Course also will be offered from 9 a.m. to noon June 10-21 for ages 11-14. The cost is $80 and introduces participants to basic lifeguarding skills; and
• Adventure Camp offers new adventures for your teens June 24-28. Participants ages 14 to 17 learn, develop and practice skills they can use to discover the great outdoors Explore caves, canoe, stand-up paddleboard, kayak, climb and mountain bike at some of Tennessee’s most desired outdoor adventure recreation locations. The cost is $180 and includes transportation, gear, guides and permit fees. Lunch is not provided.
For more information about any of these camps, call Campus Recreation at 615-898-2014 or view the website at http://www.mtsu.edu/camprec/camps.php or www.mtsu.edu/camprec/aquatics.