NASHVILLE — The Academy of Health Science and Law at McGavock High School won the Best in Show at the second annual Academies of Nashville Video Awards Show sponsored by Middle Tennessee State University, the Nashville Film Festival and the school district.
The winning videos were a result of a district-wide competition created to tell the stories of the Academies of Nashville offerings within the 12 Metro Nashville high schools. The awards show was April 22 at the Regal Cinema in Green Hills.
This is the second year MTSU has agreed to be the title sponsor of the show.
“We were delighted to again be part of the Academies of Nashville Video Awards Show,” said Dr. Sidney A. McPhee, president of MTSU. “This show unites the talented students from metro schools, with our exceptional students from the Department of Electronic Media Communication.”
In addition to being title sponsor, MTSU students produced the awards show, using the university’s state-of-the-art $1.2 million mobile production truck. There were 40 students from Metro Schools and MTSU working the hour-long production. Kelsey Lebechuck and Matt Binford, undergraduate students in the EMC department at MTSU, co-produced the show.
Other winning entries included:
• Best Arts, Media, and Communication: Academy of Design and Technology at Hunters Lane
• Best Business, Marketing, and Information Technology: USCCU Academy of Business and Finance/ Gaylord Entertainment Academy of Hospitality at McGavock
• Best Engineering, Manufacturing, and Industrial Technology: Academy of Public Service at Whites Creek
• Best Health and Public Service: Academy of Health and Human Service at Hunters Lane
• Best Hospitality and Tourism: Academy of Hospitality at Hunters Lane
• Best Freshman Video: McGavock High School Freshman Academy
• Best Creativity in Presentation: Academy of Architecture and Construction at Cane Ridge
• Best Video Personality: Academy of Entertainment Communication at Pearl-Cohn Entertainment Magnet High School
• Best Hands-On Learning: Academy of Health Science and Law at McGavock
• Best Script: Academy of International Business and Communication at Hillsboro
• Best Content: CMT Academy of Digital Design and Communication at McGavock
• Community Vote: Academy of Science and Engineering at Stratford STEM Magnet High School