MURFREESBORO — A scheduled June 1 power outage for some campus buildings at MTSU won’t affect Saturday summer classes, but university visitors should be aware that some buildings will be without electricity for the day.
Twenty MTSU buildings and/or sites will have no electricity from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 1, while utility crews complete connections on the university’s underground electrical project.
Similar brief outages have occurred this year while the electrical project moved into its final phases.
Those who have business in the affected buildings on Saturday should call or email in advance for schedule information or temporary locations, university officials said.
Power for each of the affected buildings will be turned off at 8 a.m. each day and turned back on at 5 p.m. Buildings included in the June 1 power outage are:
· the Bayer-Travis, Hastings and Haynes-Turner Complexes, along with Maintenance Building F, the Warehouse and Storage Warehouse;
· the Holmes Building, Holmes Modular Addition, Holmes Parking Garage and the Telecommunications Building;
· the Tennessee Livestock Center, Sheds A, B and C and the RV Parking Area;
· the Vocational Agriculture and Horticulture Buildings and the university greenhouse;
· the Printing Services Building;
· Scarlett Commons;
· the Messer job trailer and the COGENeration Plant.
For more information about the scheduled power outage, contact MTSU’s Construction Administration Office at 615-898-2967.