Release date: March 11, 2009
News & Public Affairs contact: Randy Weiler, 615-898-2919
NASA OFFERS PRE-SERVICE WORKSHOP MARCH 28
TO TSU, MTSU, VANDERBILT STUDENTS
(MURFREESBORO) — MTSU, Tennessee State and Vanderbilt students are invited to attend a NASA Pre-Service Teacher Workshop that will be held at MTSU from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Saturday, March 28, in Cason-Kennedy Nursing Building Room 108.
This NASA Education Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Workshop is designed for students who are preparing to teach elementary or middle school, said Cheryl Guilbeau, education specialist with NASA Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.
The workshop will provide the following:
• NASA-developed curriculum support resources that meet national standards;
• ideas for integration of NASA Education resources and activities into lesson-planning curriculum;
• hands-on, inquiry-based methods for teaching math, science and state-of-the-art methods of incorporating technology into teaching;
• presentations and networking with aerospace education specialists, NASA Administrator Fellows and university STEM faculty; and
• stipend for student participants.
MTSU’s Tennessee Mathematics, Science, Technology Education Center, home of the Tennessee NASA Educator Resource Center, is in partnership with NASA Marshall Space Flight Center in hosting the workshop.
Students can register by e-mailing Guilbeau (email@example.com), and including their name and major and which university they are attending.
For MTSU news and information, go to mtsunews.com.