For release: Oct. 10, 2012
News and Media Relations contact: Randy Weiler, 615-898-5616 or Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu
MURFREESBORO — MTSU students and faculty will observe fall break from Saturday, Oct. 13, through Tuesday, Oct. 16, officials in the university’s provost office said.
Fall semester classes will resume at their regular times on Wednesday, Oct. 17.
All MTSU offices will be open their normal hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 15-16.
Hours for the James E. Walker Library:
- the library will be closed Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 13-14;
- on Monday, Oct. 15, hours of operation will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; and
- on Tuesday, Oct. 16, the library will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17. It will reopen at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17, and resume its regular fall hours.
Hours for Student Health, Wellness and Recreation Center facilities:
- the Campus Recreation Center will be closed during fall break. Campus Recreation facilities will reopen at 6 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17;
- on Oct. 15-16, campus rec offices will be open; and
- Student Health Services and the Campus Pharmacy, which are located in the rec center building, will be open Oct. 17-18 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The pharmacy’s drive through will be open to 4:30 p.m. both days.
No campus tours for prospective students will be conducted Oct. 15-16. Daily campus tours will resume Oct. 17 at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. To schedule between now and Wednesday, Dec. 5, when the fall tours end, go online to http://www.mtsu.edu/admissn/ (click on “Visit” for daily tours or “Special Events” for links to True Blue Experience and Fall Preview Day information) or call 615-898-5670.
The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching has recognized MTSU for its outstanding curricular engagement, community outreach and partnerships. As MTSU continues its second century of service, Pride, Tradition and Excellence remain the cornerstones of "Tennessee’s Best"! For MTSU news and information any time, visit www.mtsunews.com.
For MTSU news and information any time, visit www.mtsunews.com.