MURFREESBORO — As MTSU’s spring 2017 commencement approaches, the future graduates’ attention turns to job searches and the appropriate attire for the interviews.
Raiders’ Closet, the project that gathers and distributes gently used business clothing for MTSU students, is seeking specific items to replenish its inventory at this crucial time.
The founder and director of Raiders’ Closet, marketing professor Virginia Hemby-Grubb, said the following are needed:
- Women’s suits, either with jacket and slacks or jacket and skirt, in sizes 0, 2, 4, 6, 20, 22, 24 and 26;
- Men’s suits in sizes 36 regular, 36 short, 36 long, 28 regular, 38 short, 38 long, 60 regular and 60 long;
- Men’s dress shirts in white, light blue or off-white, in sizes 15, 15-and-one-half and 20;
- Men’s ties in solid colors with small dots or patterns, but no paisley or brightly colored ties;
- Men’s dress shoes, black or burgundy, in any size.
“We have decided to return Raiders’ Closet to its original purpose — to provide professional suits for students who are experiencing financial difficulties and who cannot purchase suits for themselves,” said Hemby-Grubb. “These students must be in their senior year at MTSU and preparing for interviews for post-graduation jobs and/or internships.”
Students do not have to return or pay for clothing items from Raiders’ Closet, which is located in Room 327 in the Keathley University Center. Cash donations also are accepted to help pay for specific items or sizes students may need.
To spread the word, Hemby-Grubb has distributed brochures to offices around campus. To learn more, including up-to-date hours of operation, go to www.mtsu.edu/marketing/raiders_closet.php, call 615-898-2902 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.