MURFREESBORO — Check the schedule and mark your calendar now for the best in educational programming this fall on The Education Resource Channel @ Middle Tennessee, also known as ERC@MT!
Bookmark http://www.mtsunews.com/erc-mt, and you’ll stay on top of all the MTSU education access channel’s new offerings, including programming for the week of Sept. 7-13.
The ERC@MT channel serves Rutherford and Cannon counties and portions of DeKalb, Smith and Wilson counties.
It airs on Comcast Channel 9 in Rutherford County and DTC Communications’ Channel 195 in Cannon and DeKalb counties and some areas in Rutherford, Smith and Wilson counties. It airs on AT&T U-verse Channel 99 across Middle Tennessee.
The Educational Resource Channel @ Middle Tennessee broadcasts educational programming suitable for all ages 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including:
- nationally recognized documentaries and short films;
- instructional K-12 series on varied topics;
- the renowned "Classic Arts Showcase" and NASA Television;
- MTSU's monthly video magazine, "Out of the Blue"; and
- special "MTSU Presents:" shows on unique university events and topics.
New programs for the week of Sept. 7-13 and links for information include:
- "The Hollywood Lens of Murray Garrett" (http://www.chiptaylor.com/ttlmnp5520-.cfm);
- "The Biography of Arthur Griffin" (http://www.chiptaylor.com/ttlmnp3076-.cfm);
- "How to Boil a Frog," a fast-paced comedy with hard-hitting facts about environmental problems (http://www.videoproject.com/howtoboilfrog.html);
- "Trinity and Beyond," the history of the design, development, production and testing of nuclear weapons from 1945 to 1963 (http://www.darkhollowfilms.com/catalog/product/trinity-beyond); and
- "The Memphis Belle," suggested for anyone interested in World War II and aviation (http://www.darkhollowfilms.com/catalog/product/the-memphis-belle).
ERC@MT continues to expand its programming and has also rearranged its schedule appearance to better accommodate viewer needs by beginning each broadcast day at 6 a.m.