MURFREESBORO — The MTSU Alumni Association is planning a summer of fun for alumni and friends of the university.
Events will include:
• An alumni night in Memphis, Tennessee, starting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 16, for the musical theatre performance of “The Wizard of Oz” featuring alumnus Justin Nelson (Class of 2011). Nelson, a Memphis native, plays the role of the Mayor of Munchkin City.
• An alumni mixer at Silky O’Sullivan’s from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 17, at 183 Beale St., in Memphis.
• Special alumni nights at baseball games being played in Nashville (Sounds versus the Omaha Storm Chasers) at 6:05 p.m. Saturday, June 25, at First Tennessee Park, 19 Junior Gilliam Way, and in Chattanooga at 6 p.m. Saturday, July 16, at AT&T Field, 201 Power Alley, as the Lookouts play the Mobile Bay Bears.
• Outings at Nashville Shores 10 a.m. Friday, July 8, and Dollywood/Splash Country in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, are scheduled. Discounted tickets for Dollywood/Splash Park can be used any day in July, but must be purchased by Saturday, June 25.
• The annual Pigskin Pre-Game from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, at The Grove at Williamson Place, 3250 Williamson Pike, Murfreesboro.
Reservation details, including ticket prices for the various events, can be found at http://www.mtalumni.com/.
“We love to organize events that are family friendly and fun for our alumni, friends and families,” said Paul Wydra, MTSU Alumni Relations assistant director
“We have had great past success with these events, and this year we were able to add Dollywood Splash Country as well, and the savings from a buying-at-the-door ticket is great,” he added. “Last year we had 175 people at our Nashville Sounds event and more than 50 at Nashville Shores, so we are happy that people love to take advantage of these great opportunities.”
For more information, call 615-898-2922.