MURFREESBORO — If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to tell area leaders what you think should be done to improve your community, your chance is just around the corner.
Several public forums are scheduled in Rutherford County as part of a program to gather information that will help guide efforts for effective community development.
The Community Assessment Project is facilitated by the MTSU Center for Organizational and Human Resource Effectiveness in partnership with the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties and the Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce.
“In order for the assessment to be a success, we need you to participate in a public forum in your local community,” said Dr. Rick Moffett, associate director and senior consultant for the MTSU center.
“You will be asked for your perspective regarding the most important issues and needs of Rutherford County,” Moffett added. “All you will need to bring is yourself, your opinions and a willingness to have your voice and your perspective heard.”
The goal of the project is to enhance the quality of life and sense of community and to increase engagement across a broad spectrum of concerned citizens.
Each forum will use a structured and facilitated process to provide people with opportunities to offer input.
Forums are scheduled for:
- Saturday, June 15, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Lascassas United Methodist Church, 4665 East Jefferson Pike, Lascassas;
- Thursday, June 20, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Crossway Baptist Church, 4194 Shelbyville Highway, Murfreesboro;
- Saturday, June 22, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Patterson Park Community Center, Meeting Room C521, Mercury Blvd., Murfreesboro;
- Tuesday, June 25, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Murfreesboro City Hall, Room 218, Second Floor, 111 West Vine St., Murfreesboro;
- Thursday, June 27, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Smyrna Assembly Hall, 112 Front St., Smyrna.
For more information, contact Moffett at 615-898-2686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.